EP009: How The “Therapist/Patient” Relationship Has Changed Since Health Care Costs Increased - (With Andrew Vertson)
In this Episode - 009 - I interview Andrew Vertson…
…Andrew is an ICONIC figure in the US PT Profession - regarded by most as the “go-to” guy when it comes to Practice Management and Metric advice.
Andrew has quite literally been there, seen it - and DONE IT.
He is a great PT who managed to take the leap to successful business owner, and having started his clinic from NOTHING 20+ years ago, now runs a $1m + 3-clinic practice in Orange County, California.
Andrew has “managed” through the changes that the PT profession has witnessed…
And in this episode he talks candidly about the difference in the PT Profession as it was back then, and how it is now.
Most interestingly Andrew explains, how, because of the rise in the cost of health care, the patient is “different” these days - and tells you what it takes to keep them happy as they have to pay a LOT more out of pocket to access your PT services.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn on this Episode:
* What is a business plan - and what should it include?
* How much is needed to start a practice these days?
* Tips for a new clinic getting “In-network”…
* Tips for an existing clinic getting “out-of-network”…
* What it was like in the “good old days” when co-pay was as low as $5-10
* The difference in the patient practitioner relationship since co-pay and deductibles got so high…
* Direct Marketing for an In-Network clinic that once relied 100% upon doctor referrals…
* Vital metrics that any new business owner should track if they want to grow smoothly…
* And find out the type of clinic - INN or Cash - that Andrew would open if he were starting out today…
Enjoy this episode, and be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes.
Leave me your comments in the review section of iTunes - I love to hear how these episodes have impacted you.
P.S You can check out Andrews “PT Clinic Metrics” website atwww.ptclinicmetrics.com where he shares more information with PT’s who want to keep track of their numbers.
Andrews clinic website is here: www.intecorept.com
To have your question for a future Episode of the show answered, please submit your question using this form:
You can download the latest episode - and catch up on others - here at:www.paulgough.com/podcast-009
Or if you’re on iTunes, go directly to the Physical Therapy Business School Podcast, here and hit subscribe:
Head over to www.paulgough.com for your instant access free trainings - “7 Things That PT School Forgot To Teach You About Becoming A Successful Business Owner”
…and the online tutorial “How To Generate 20 New Patients In The Next 30 Days” (Without A Single Referral From A Doctor”)…
Both of these free trainings will give you more guidance, clarity and essential skills to help you grow a more successful physical therapy business – starting TODAY!
This show is brought to you by:
www.ptprofitacademy.com the online training organization that helps great physical therapists become successful business owners.
Visit my own clinic website, here:
Like what you've learned so far?
Get Access To My Weekly Tips