EP005: Why No One Wants To Pay For Physical Therapy Any More…
In this Episode of the Physical Therapy Business School Podcast I’m joined by a very special guest…
…her name is “Vicki Smith” and she was the FIRST and remains the longest standing staff member of my own practice.
She’s now the REAL boss of the Paul Gough Physio Rooms and has been with me for 8 years now.
In that time she has witnessed a LOT of changes to my business, the Paul Gough Physio Rooms…
We’ve re-invented ourselves from a clinic that was 80% reliant upon referrals from third parties…
…to a clinic that is in complete control of it’s own client flow - with 80% of our patients now being SELF REFERRED and happy to self pay, in cash, as a result of the direct marketing that we do.
Vicki has been there with me as business hit an all time low as referrals from those third parties DROPPED…
…as insurance companies SLASHED our re-embursement fees…
…and she’s been there as I introduced the new “Value Added Marketing” strategy that has TRANSFORMED my business fortunes BUT at the same time, almost tipped one or two of my staff over the edge as we struggled to cope with the HUGE impact of the value added marketing strategy we adopted in 2013.
Vicki is going to share with you much of what she’s learned from working alongside me, what her best advice would to anyone trying to grow a business - as well some of the things she’s learned about why very FEW people ever want to pay for physical therapy - and how we build a business in-spite of that!
This is an incredibly authentic interview with someone whom I consider LARGELY responsible for the success of my clinic and I’m delighted to be able to share this with you to learn from.
Every practice needs a great marketing strategy - but more important than that, every successful practice needs a “VICKI SMITH”.
Listen to the interview and you’ll see exactly what I mean…
- How I met my receptionist and how we built a great understanding and relationship in business together (2:38)
- What it was like during the initial phases of business in the new PT practice (8:55)
- How to set staff benchmarks which will make or break your clinic in the long run and understanding how they are like foundations to your practice (16:58)
- People don't want to pay for physio anymore - Would your client pay for curing them in order to look after their partner/loved ones in the future instead? (24:50)
- Competing on patients internal solutions and problems instead of competing for PT which no client wants (39:44)
- Make the customer feel at home in your practice from as soon as they enter your building (46:05)
Be sure to head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show AND please leave us a review - we would love to know how this show is impacting you.
To get your question answered by Paul Gough - Leave your question for the PT Business School Podcast here:
Here’s the link to the Youtube video where Vicki describes how she almost took her clothes off in front of her soon to be future boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbcJmBc5FmM
This show is brought to you by:
www.ptprofitacademy.com the online training organization that helps great physical therapists become successful business owners.
Visit my own clinic website, here:
Like what you've learned so far?
Get Access To My Weekly Tips